This is a great recipe that brings back childhood memories; Chicken Noodle Soup. It’s not like Campbell’s, but it’s very flavorful and really warms you up on cold winter days without upsetting the tummy. It goes great with burgers or sandwiches and freezes well; making it an easy go to for nights when cooking just isn’t an option.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 whole carrot or 8 baby carrots, sliced
- ½ tsp Bell’s Seasoning (poultry seasoning)
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 pints Chicken Stock (see recipe here)
- 2 cups chopped roasted chicken (see recipe here)
- 1 pint water
- 2 cups wide egg noodles or gluten free noodles
In a large stock pot over medium high heat, melt the butter and sauté the celery and carrots, about five minutes. Add the spices and chicken and stir. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables and noodles are soft, 20-30 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Makes 6-8 Servings
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Looking for more FODMAP friendly recipes? Find them here!