I’m proud to announce The Zebra Pit has been nominated for a Liebster Award! Many thanks to Carole Scrafton at FibroFlutters for the nomination! Unfortunately, it’s taken me a bit longer to compile all of the information I needed to accept the award and nominate others, but that in no way diminishes the excitement and honor we feel about being nominated. We will proudly display the Liebster Award banner on our about page. There are a few simple rules to follow when receiving a Liebster Award, so I’ll try to cover everything here.
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 questions
- Let them know you have nominated them
11 Questioned Answered:
- What country do you currently live in and is it where you were born? I was born and reside in the US. I was born and raised in greater Cincinnati, and though I’ve lived in a number of other cities in the US, I returned to the area around 15 years ago for grad school and decided to stay.
- How long have you been writing/blogging? I’ve been writing most of my life and started my first blog all the way back in 1996. I’ve had many blogs since on a variety of topics, including literature, sexuality, cooking, and health and wellness.
- What is the subject matter of your blog? My blog focuses on health, wellness and nutrition for spoonies.
- How often do you post? As often as I can without compromising my own health.
- Do you just blog about your own health, or do you share other stories by other bloggers? I tend to choose topics that are in line with my own health concerns, but do share things from other bloggers that I find helpful or resonate with me.
- What are your main interests when you think about research? Research which helps to shed light on the root causes of my conditions and of course research on effective therapies.
- If you could help with research, would you? what would you like to do? Yes and no. I’m currently taking part in a research study for medication overuse and how it relates to migraines and I’m all for taking part in studies that might help my illness be better understood. I am not willing to test out new drugs, however. I have a hard enough time trusting those already approved by the FDA.
- When blogging do you share up to date research news relevant to your health conditions, or interests if not writing in connection to chronic illness & ilk? All the time. If I don’t share them directly on my blog, I share them with followers on my facebook or twitter feeds.
- What are your favourite distractions / hobbies? Television seems to be my favorite distraction of late, though I’m trying to change that and spend a little more time on other things. I really love to read, but mostly have to listen to audiobooks because too much reading brings on migraines. I also love to paint and write, but can only do those sparingly, as well. If I had the energy, I’d definitely be hitting the hiking trails on a regular basis.
- If you could select one health problem from your list of health conditions to delete permanently what would it be? Easy. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS).
- How do you perceive that your life would improve once you’d deleted your chosen health problem? I chose EDS because as I understand it, faulty collagen is the root of all of my problems. It would mean I would never have developed debilitating POTS or migraines. I wouldn’t have a Mast Cell condition or gastroparesis or a deteriorating spine or chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia or… you get the picture.
The Bloggers I have nominated:
- EDS – Everyday Successes by Tori https://edseverydaysuccesses.com/
- Tips for ME by Jenny https://tipsforme.wordpress.com/
- The EDS Chronicles by Squidgeaboo https://theedschronicles.com/
- Bend, Don’t Break, by Aubrey https://benddontbreak.blog/
- The Fault in My Collagen by Kristen Paz https://thefaultinmycollagen.wordpress.com/
- My Life with Ehlers Danlos by Emme Hill https://livingwithedsblog.wordpress.com/
- Dazzling Zebra by Amy https://dazzlingzebra.wordpress.com/
- Growing Up and Liking It by Lemons https://growingupandlikingit.com/
- Life with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3 by Sarah https://livingwithedsuk.wordpress.com/
- Sydney is Kinda Sick by Sydney https://sydneyiskindasick.wordpress.com/
- Behind the Scenes – Life as a Spoonie by Karin https://lifeasaspoonie.wordpress.com/
The 11 questions I would like to ask my nominees:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What are your favorite subjects to write about?
- Do you have any other blogs?
- What do you miss the most that you’ve lost to chronic illness?
- What’s one of the most valuable life lessons chronic illness has taught you?
- If you could offer only one piece of advice to someone with your primary condition, what would it be?
- If you could raise a million dollars for any cause, which cause would you choose?
- What change/medication/therapy do you feel has been most beneficial to your health?
- If you were granted one week without any interference from your condition (being magically and completely fit and healthy), what would you do with it?
- What are your favorite hobbies or ways to spend your free time now?
- Who or what helps to motivate and inspire you?
Now it is up to me to contact the bloggers I have nominated and if they choose, they can accept and nominate their own 11 bloggers for the Liebster Award. I had a lot of fun choosing blogs and got to know a few new sites in the process! Thanks again for the nomination, Carol!