This pasta dish is loaded with great flavor, fiber and protein. You can choose just about any kind of chicken sausage you like, or use Italian or Kielbasa sausage instead if you’re having a hard time finding one that’s low FODMAP. I’ve used a variety of sausages and they all turn out good, but I particularly enjoy it with a spinach and cheese chicken sausage.
Bowtie Pasta with Chicken Sausage
- 3 cups dried Farfelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package low FODMAP chicken sausage, cut into half-inch slices
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon Sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Cook pasta to desired doneness, drain and set aside. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned. Pour in wine and stir, loosening up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in beans, Sage, salt and pepper. Cover, and cook until beans are heated through. Toss with cooked pasta and top with Parmesan. Serve hot.
Prep time: 25 minutes