I don’t usually do round up posts, but Cabeau kindly sent me a number of great products to try that are perfect for these uncertain times of COVID and the upcoming cold and flu season. They also sent me an amazing neck pillow and the best sleep mask ever. I just couldn’t wait to share it all, now. Isn’t it great? One post chock full of the things everyone needs with slightly less rambling from me.
Please note: This is an affiliate post. In addition to receiving these products for review, I earn a commission on purchases made from the links placed in this review. This commission comes at no extra cost to the consumer and helps us to continue our important work at The Zebra Pit. Thank you.
Cabeau is a young company born of the founder’s desire to make travel comfortable as a 6’8″ basketball player; not an easy feat, I can imagine! He founded the company in 2009, beginning with his innovative design for a neck pillow. According to their about page, Cabeau’s products have set new industry standards for superior craftsmanship, quality, and comfort and have received numerous travel industry awards as a result. Cabeau is a company dedicated to bringing the same quality to all their products, using customer input to create the products we really want and need.
That quality has been evident in every product Cabeau sent me for testing and I’m thrilled to be able to review and offer them to you for purchase. I’ve also set this post up a bit differently. I’m still offering videos, but have included separate videos for each product. This makes them short and sweet and easier on our often short attention spans. Let me know how you feel about this new format. I may utilize it more often.
Okay, now let’s be on our way to discovering some great new products from Cabeau! Spoiler Alert: I’m saving my absolute favorites for last.
PPE Perfect for These Uncertain Times
With the coronavirus pandemic persisting into cold and flu season, we can never have too much personal protective equipment! Whether you’ve been lucky enough to avoid COVID thus far or not, it’s still important to keep protecting yourself.
Shockingly, there are more than a few reports worldwide that people are catching this devastating virus more than once and further study is still needed to determine how often this happens and why.
Unfortunately, COVID doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, either. According to today’s stats, the coronavirus has been contracted by 36.8 million people and that’s only the cases that have been confirmed through testing. With over 1 million deaths due to covid and its continued spread globally, about the only good news is that 27.7 million have so far recovered from this devastating virus. Unfortunately, new cases are reported daily in astounding numbers, so it doesn’t look like we’ll see an end anytime soon.
What’s worse is that we’re also about to enter the cold and flu season here on the North American continent and parts of Europe. Why is this a problem? Because without the advantages of industry shutdowns, a whopping 70% of people will likely go to work sick, as statistics show us is the traditional habit of our workforce.
Whether you’re at work, school, out shopping or even just getting gas, you’re at risk. Luckily there are some things we can do to mediate that risk, such as wearing protective masks or face shields and making sure we clean our hands thoroughly after we’ve touched something that could be contaminated with the germs of the last people who handled it.
Compounding this issue is the fact that the average person touches their face 16 times an hour, making it pretty much a guarantee that we’re going to pass these germs to our nose and mouth.
Cabeau Sanitizer to Go
While I’ve always preferred good old soap and water, facilities aren’t always readily available. You just can’t afford to wait until you get home. The perfect solution is Cabeau’s Sanitizer to Go:
Sanitizer to Go has many benefits to help you defeat the germs you pick up when you pick up that box of cereal that was just handled by a sick person.
- Contains 70% alcohol to kill 99.9% of germs, exceeding the CDC standards of 60%
- Comes on a carabiner, so you can hang it outside your hand bag, school bag or a belt loop, so you aren’t cross-contaminating other things to locate it.
- It dries quickly as you rub it in, leaving no remaining scents. All you feel is a clean, lightly-lotion feeling on your hands.
- Sanitizer to Go is thick, preventing drips as you rub it in.
- It’s simple to use. Squirt a nickle sized dallop in your hand and simply rub both sides of your hands until it disappears.
- Each compact bottle contains 2 ounces of product and is only 5″ tall. Combined with the carabiner, it’s the perfect size to go anywhere.
- You can buy it in boxes of 10 and save 10% by subscribing to regular shipments so you never run out.
Cabeau Tape Increases Mask Efficacy
Did you know your mask could be letting you down? Many masks still allow things to get through the gaps common on the sides and top of every kind of mask. Whether you’re masking up with a standard surgical or cloth mask to prevent germ transmission or using an N95 mask to protect yourself from allergies and hazardous particulates, Cabeau tape will increase that protection for you and those around you.
Even the CDC, FDA, WHO and OSHA agree that if you want your mask to offer full protection, those gaps need to be eliminated. Lucky for us, Cabeau has worked hard to ensure this tape can be used comfortably by almost anyone. Please note that you may see some redness after removing the tape that should disappear within a few minutes. If redness and itchiness persist, then you want to discontinue use.
- Cabeau Tape can be placed anywhere your mask gaps to ensure your protection.
- Cabeau Tape is an FDA-approved and dermatologist recommended medical-grade tape approved for use with all mask types.
- It doesn’t cause allergic reactions. It’s latex-free and very gentle on the sensitive skin of the face, making it a safe product for people with latex allergy. Even with my adhesive allergies, I didn’t see a reaction from its use. Please note that it’s normal for some redness to occur after removing the tape. This redness should disappear within a few minutes. If redness persists, then and comes with itchiness, you want to discontinue use. Unfortunately, no matter how well made a product is, sometimes people with an MCAD will still react.
- It’s easy to use. Each box easily converts into a dispenser for easy access to the pre-cut strips.
- Cabeau provides 200 strips per box. On average, my consumption has been 4 strips per mask application. Even better, it can be reapplied around 3 times, so you can remove your mask when you’re alone to take a break without wasting strips.
- Because Cabeau Tape secures the mask to your face, it relieves ear loop pressure and pain and prevents slippage.
- For a limited time, if you buy 2 boxes, you can get one free!
- An innovative product designed to meet the need of many, there are multiple patents pending for Cabeau Tape.
Cabeau Face Masks
Cabeau carries them! Cabeau face masks have >= 95% for Bacterial and >=90% Submicron Particle Filtration Efficiency and help limit exposure to infectious pathogens. They’re made of a soft, lightweight, material, have gentle ear loops and are unscented. They come in packs of 50 and is another Cabeau product which offers a subscription discount. Please note: these masks are not appropriate for MCAS patients who require certified N95 filtration for ultra fine particles.
Cabeau Neck Pillows & Accessories
As promised, I left my favorite picks for last! I love the Cabeau Tape, a much needed addition to any N95 mask for the mitigation of MCAS symptoms and we all need hand sanitizer to stay safe and clean. But since I’m not going out much these days anyway, largely due to migraine and intracranial hypertension, I’m a little more excited by the product that seems like it just might give me more excuses to strap on my N95 and go out! And then there’s another great item that I just know I’ll be using every time migraine comes for a visit. Without further ado, allow me to introduce the Midnight Magic Sleep Mask and Evolution S3 neck pillow!
A Sleep Mask that Really Is Magic!
There are so many things to love about this sleep mask, from it’s elastic-free design to the extra space left to eliminate any pressure on the eyes.
- Made with microfiber cloth that is easy to put on and adjust for the perfect fit, without any pinching, binding or uncomfortable pressure around your head or over your eyes. Not only do you wake without imprints on your face, it’s so comfy you can barely tell it’s there!
- Inner rounded eye liners eliminates pressure and protects your eye makeup. No more racoon eyes after a quick nap or long flight!
- Comes with a comfortable nose clip to ensure total blackout so you can rest wherever you may be.
- Comes with a set of memory foam earplugs and a convenient velcro pouch in which to store them.
The Evolution S3 Has Its Own Spark of Magic
Neck pain and the resulting migraines have long been the bane of my existence. I had everything well under control before attempting to work last fall. Then it took me 3 months to recuperate. As tough as spoonie life can sometimes be, of course the issues just had to compound after contracting COVID and taking over six months to recover, something that I’m still in the process of doing. It goes without saying that I’m thrilled to have another partner in the fight such as the Evolution S3.
To be honest, I had a friend with EDS and Fibromyalgia with chronic neck pain tell me how much it helped her to wear a neck pillow everywhere she goes on bad neck days. I thought, how much relief could a device popularly used on airplanes actually help my neck?
Well, it turns out it can help quite a lot. In the few short days that I’ve had mine, I’ve spent more time out of bed than I have in the last six months combined thanks to the S3, all with few symptoms and NO migraine!
What makes the Evolution S3 different?
- Raised side supports prevent lateral movement, keeping your neck upright and stable, whether you’re on a plane, in a car, or sitting in your living room. I even find it helpful when I’m up and about working on household chores.
- It’s made from premium memory foam, creating excellent support that molds to you without any pain or discomfort.
- It’s molded flat in the back, providing just enough padding to maintain proper posture while accommodating your seat.
- The moisture-wicking, machine washable cover protects the core and allows you to keep it clean and looking nice while also keeping your neck dry.
- The S3 comes with straps that allow you to attach it easily to a car seat or plane seat so you don’t fall forward while sleeping and can even be attached to a throw or bed pillow and used to help stabilize your head and neck when laying down. You simply remove them from the hooks and stretch them around the seat or pillow using the velcro attachments.
- The adjustable front clasp allows for a custom fit (and some chin room when you need slightly more freedom).
- A built in pocket for headphones or earplugs makes storage simple and close.
- This easy to roll up neck pillow comes with a compact carrying case you can strap to your luggage or purse so you can save space for other items.
- The Evolution S3 and Colorways Evolution S3 come in a variety of colors.
Of course, they also have other neck pillows with other advantages! For instance, if you’re looking for a neck pillow with more airflow for warm weather, check out the Evolution Cool. I know I’ll be buying one before spring hits next year!
Between the added protection Cabeau Tape will create for my N95 respirator mask and their fabulous neck pillows helping to protect my neck and keep it where it belongs, I anticipate I’ll be going out a lot more in the next year. Few things are more valuable to a spoonie than the freedom to move about and experience life safely.
Another great benefit to shopping with Cabeau are the reasonable prices they assign to their premium products, but of course the savings opportunities don’t end there. They also offer free shipping in the US on purchases over $65 and offer international shipping options. If you join Cabeau Club, their free rewards program, they’ll send you a coupon code for 20% off your next order. If you register your neck pillow purchase, you’ll even be eligible to replace your neck pillow yearly for life. You’ll also be one of the first to learn about new products, discount opportunities and can even score an invite to exclusive Cabeau events. For full details, visit the Cabeau Club Page.
No doubt I’ll be writing about more of the fabulous things you can find at Cabeau now and in the future, such as their fabulous bamboo compression socks. As always, if you try any of these products, please drop me a comment on this post, send me a tweet or drop your thoughts on our Facebook page!