Hi! I’m Pamela Jessen and I live in Langford, BC, just outside of Victoria. I am happily married to my amazing husband Ray and we are the proud parents of 2 grown kids and 3 wonderful grandsons. We are also owned by one cat named Dorie.
I am a blogger who writes about Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue and Invisible Illness at pamelajessen.com I also write for The Mighty, The UnChargeables and various independent publications.
In addition to blogging, I am an active volunteer with the Patient Voices Network in BC. Outside of PVN, I have also done volunteer work for Island Health as a Patient Partner, was a Patient Advisor on the 2017 Canadian Guideline for Opioids for Chronic Non-Cancer Pain, and was a summer volunteer with the Downtown Victoria Business Association’s Busker Festival.
Currently, I sit on 4 different committees:
- The Clinical Resource Committee for the BC Emergency Physician’s Network,
- The Laboratory Quality Council for Vancouver Island, B
- The Oversight & Advisory Council for Patient Voices Network
- The Surgical Care Quality Measurement Group.
Additionally, I am a member of the BC Patient-Centred Measurement Blended Survey Consultation Group. I am passionate about Quality Improvement and seek out continual educational opportunities to learn and grow.
When I’m not busy volunteering, I love to hit the road with my hubby Ray on our motorcycle. Other interests in my spare time include reading, crafting, jewelry making and more writing…especially poetry and short stories. I also enjoy pampering my kitty Dorie.
My top five most viewed posts on the Zebra Pit:
- 10 Symptoms You May Experience With Fibromyalgia
- Going to the Emergency Room as a Chronic Illness Patient (and How to Make the Experience Better)
- Domestic Violence (It Affects Us All)
- Living With Forestier’s Disease, aka DISH
- IBS and Bowel Health With Fibromyalgia