We’ve gotten our store open in record time and we want to celebrate with you by giving big discounts for our Grand Opening. From now until December 1, use our exclusive code to get 25% off every order! Just read on to get your code and visit the store. First, we’ve got a wee bit of business to cover and we hope you’ll read on to learn more about what the Zebra Pit Shop is all about and our plans for it!
Why Open a Shop?
The easiest answer to this question is that it helps us to keep doing what we love to do, and that’s bring health and wellness information and resources to help people with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders and/or their common comorbid syndromes and conditions. This includes ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia and other soft tissue pain disorders, MCAS and other MCADs, POTS or other forms of dysautonomia, gastroparesis, IBS, Chiari, CCI and other cranio-cervical junction disorders, migraine, degenerative disc disease and related disorders, arthritis, costochondritis, and so much more we could spend all day listing them. Here are a few more reasons we opened our shop:
- To provide products that raise awareness and help build a sense of community in ways unique to a variety of personalities and that are reflective of the times and spoonie life. It’s our mission to make EDS and all of its comorbid conditions well known across the world and these products help us serve that mission both literally and figuratively.
- To display and sell some of the wonderful items we’ve found that truly help with some of our most difficult to solve symptoms. While we could just continue to act as an affiliate for some of the products we’ll be adding, this means the Zebra Pit gets a little more of the cut and has more control over what we can do with those funds.
- So we can support the organizations that are making the biggest impact on these conditions. [UPDATE: 11/20/19] We planned on doing a dedicated retail giving program, but as it turns out, several states require you to register to do so. The cost to do so is in upwards of $10K! Obviously, that isn’t possible. We will definitely still be supporting the charities that matter to us, but we cannot do it by donating a percentage of our proceeds at this time due to legal/financial constraints. This won’t stop us from giving, but it will stop us from advertising it and allowing you to designate a specific program.
- So we can better support the community we serve by getting the best prices possible and ensuring you always have a place to get the things you need to help you achieve your best health. Whether it’s a product we’re recommending or a post about promising therapy techniques, you know it’s all vetted by people who share these conditions, Understand how it works and whether it needs to be modified. We always want you to check with your doctor before taking any of our advice, but it can be reassuring to know that something works for similar people before investing the money on it.
Want to be notified about new products, posts and happenings at the Pit? Subscribe to our Mailing List!
In addition to the plan to add on as many of our recommended health and wellness products, we have several goals we hope to attain as we grow:
- Adjust pricing as we grow. We may not get the bigger discounts to begin with, but as we grow and they come along, rest assured the Zebra Pit will be sharing any decreases we see with our community. We understand the financial toll of chronic illness because we also live with chronic illness.
- To provide a comprehensive specialty shop exclusively for spoonies and medical zebras that include supplements, therapy devices, health and fitness gear, a whole slew of over-the-counter remedies, CBD products, books both informational and entertaining, self care and personal care products, mobility devices, and more.
- To provide products which are ideal for most people with sensitivities to use. For example, while I couldn’t find tagless shirts for our printed products, everything we’ve selected has tear away tags for easy removal so those of us living with any level of sensory overload can feel good in our clothing.
- To work toward creating and offering some of our own products.
- To source our products as ethically as possible.
- To support our community and customers by implementing fair practices and providing good quality products.
Shop with Confidence
- In regards to our awareness products, if the item you receive arrives damaged or is not printed perfectly, you simply need to send us a photo and we’ll send you a replacement that’s printed just for you.
- If your order isn’t right, we’ll do our best to make it right as quickly as possible.
- If you’re unsatisfied with your purchase, ordered the wrong item or size, you can return it to us for a refund of the product price or exchange within 30 days, provided it’s returned in brand new condition.
- As we grow, these policies may change, but our commitment to quality will always remain. To view our shipping and return policies, click here: Shipping and Return Policy.
Other Changes Around the Pit
I’m sure you’ve noticed that our menus and structure has changed recently to accommodate our store. We like our new design quite well, but it may take some a bit of time to get used to it. Here are a few tips that may help:
- Our Shop is located at https://zebrapit.com/shop. This URL may be used if you prefer to bypass the opening screen.
- Our Blog is located at https://zebrapit.com/blog and works just like the one above.
- Our Blog page looks quite different, but it now has 3 different ways you can view our posts. My hope is that it offers something to suit every browser.
- The first is a 20 post carousel that shows the featured image, title, date and brief description. It always begins with the most recent post.
- The second section is an image catalog of our sections, so you can view posts by subject.
- Finally, our last 100 posts are listed at the bottom so you can scroll through them much like our old page, but they only include titles, dates and descriptions.
- Finally, we have everything arranged in convenient drop down menus in our header (the upper purple section) you can access both on a computer or smart phone. To go to the blog, simply click the word “blog.” To visit a specific section page, choose it from the drop down menu.
- Search Boxes: As always, we have a search box near the top of the side menu so you can search for anything you may be looking for. If it’s an item from the shop you seek, use the search box in the purple header instead.
Now finally…. the news you’ve waited so patiently for…..
Now that we’re done with the boring stuff, why not take a tour of our shop? Be sure to take this code with you:
The code is good for 25% off your entire purchase on anything in our shop. Want to shop more than once? Use it as many times as you’d like! The best part? While everyone else is having “Black Friday,” “Small Business Saturday,” or “Cyber Monday,” sales, our grand opening sale will last two weeks! From today through Sunday, December 1, 2019.
Can’t afford to shop right now? If you reside in the U.S. you can enter to win 1 of 3 prizes in our Name Our Mascot Contest between now and November 25, 2019.