If you’ve come to find resources for safe movement and therapies that will help reduce pain and increase your quality of life, you’ve come to the right place! This page catalogs everything the Zebra Pit has published on the subject.
- Exercise: The Best Remedy for POTS Exercise strategies to reduce the symptoms of POTS and how to do it safely
- EDS, Hypermobility and Exercise A How to Guide for Safe Exercise with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Let’s Talk About Sex(ual Dysfunction in EDS), Baby Pelvic floor dysfunction and therapy
- Pelvic Floor Therapy: What to Expect Nervous about seeking pelvic floor therapy? Know what to expect!
- EDS Core Strengthening Using Pilates Is Pilates Safe for Zebras?
- The Importance of Good Posture for Zebras
- Book Review: ‘Hypermobility Without Tears’ by Jeannie Di Bon
- Movement for Hypermobility: Tools for Success – A compilation of resources to help you succeed at a movement program for hypermobility
Exercise Videos and Tutorials:
- Tips for Exercising with EDS– A visual guide to safe exercise with connective tissue disease and joint issues, not just for EDS
- Exercises for Jamming Ankles– How to strengthen ankles, feet and calves without using any equipment.
- Organizing Your Fitness Routine A video Discussion
- Pelvic Tilts and Lifts– For a strong core that will support your overall health and improve back pain
- Leg Lifts for Lumbar Issues– These modified leg lifts work great for people with back problems or who are seriously deconditioned because they work the core while protecting the back, offering lower resistance than traditional leg lifts.
- Side Leg Lifts and IT Band Stretches – Can be done laying down or standing to build core and leg strength
- Wall Squats– A great alternative to the traditional squat for bad backs and knees
- Wall Push Ups – An alternative to traditional push ups that are easier on wrists and elbows and help prevent shoulder and rib subluxations by building muscle in these areas
- Neck Strengthening Exercises– Gentle strengthening exercises for mildly troubled necks.
- Upper Body Resistance Exercises – For beginners, these easy exercises can be done standing, sitting or lying down. They also reduce dislocations of the shoulders, collar bones, ribs, and elbows, as well as costochondritis.
- Wall Resistance Exercises for Arms – These beginning exercises require nothing but the outer corner of a wall and your own gumption. Great when first getting out of bed after a long period of illness.
- Simple Leg Mop Exercises strengthen legs, ankles, feet and core
Therapies and Bodywork
- Fascia Treatments for EDS and Fibromyalgia – Featuring the FasciaBlaster
- Chronic Migraine in EDS – Includes tips on resolving head pain using myofascial therapy
- Myofascial Therapy Resources – Get the most out of your fascia work with these resources
- Fasciablaster’s Fab Little Sister; The FaceBlaster – A review of the tiniest but possibly mightiest blaster in my arsenal
- Moving into Maintenance Phase – When the work is done, moving into maintenance phase will shave you time
- 23 Tips for FasciaBlasting with EDS & FMS – My tips for blasters
- FasciaBlaster Buying Guide – Not sure which blaster to start with? This guide should help.
- Encouraging Hair Growth Using a FaceBlaster – balding is nothing to be ashamed of, many women suffer female pattern baldness. Find out how myofascial therapy can help.
- Pain: Know Thy Enemy – Theories on pain and what can make it worse that every spoonie should consider in a brief video
- Easy DIY Massage Therapy A review of the Cavitation/Infrared therapy wand I use
- Guest Post: Treatment of CCI using Atlas Orthogonal Chiropractic and PT
- How Massage Can Improve Numbing, Gum Disease and TMD
- Myofasical Therapy Options, A YouTube tutorial
- FasciaBlasting Techniques for Beginners, a YouTube tutorial which teaches fasciablasting for relief of wide-spread pain