If you’ve come to find resources for safe movement and therapies that will help reduce pain and increase your quality of life, you’ve come to the right place! This page houses everything the Zebra Pit has published on the subject.
Exercise and Physical Therapies
- Exercise: The Best Remedy for POTS Exercise strategies to reduce the symptoms of POTS and how to do it safely
- Get Moving! EDS and Exercise A How to Guide for Safe Exercise with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Fascia Treatments for EDS and Fibromyalgia A guide for how to use the FasciaBlaster for a significant reduction in symptoms
- The FaceBlaster Introduction to the FaceBlaster and what you can use it for
- FasciaBlaster Resources Help and support for using the FasciaBlaster for treating chronic pain and connective tissue disease
- Fascia Treatments for EDS: Moving into Maintenance Phase
- Let’s Talk About Sex(ual Dysfunction in EDS), Baby Pelvic floor dysfunction and therapy
- Pelvic Floor Therapy: What to Expect Nervous about seeking pelvic floor therapy? Know what to expect!
- EDS Core Strengthening Using Pilates Is Pilates Safe for Zebras?
- The Importance of Good Posture for Zebras
- Book Review: ‘Hypermobility Without Tears’ by Jeannie Di Bon
Exercise Videos and Tutorials:
- Tips for Exercising with EDS– A guide to safe exercise with connective tissue disease and joint issues, not just for EDS
- Exercises for Jamming Ankles– How to strengthen ankles, feet and calves without using any equipment.
- Organizing Your Fitness Routine A video Discussion
- Pelvic Tilts and Lifts– For a strong core that will support your overall health and improve back pain
- Calorie Counting, Cardio and POTS– Monitoring and maintaining the right heart rate during exercise with POTS & NMH and why calorie counts are never accurate on exercise machines and where to get accurate information
- Leg Lifts for Lumbar Issues– These modified leg lifts work great for people with back problems or who are seriously deconditioned because they work the core while protecting the back, offering lower resistance than traditional leg lifts.
- Side Leg Lifts and IT Band Stretches – Can be done laying down or standing to build core and leg strength
- Wall Squats– A great alternative to the traditional squat for bad backs and knees
- Wall Push Ups – An alternative to traditional push ups that are easier on wrists and elbows and help prevent shoulder and rib subluxations by building muscle in these areas
- Neck Strengthening Exercises– Gentle strengthening exercises for mildly troubled necks.
- Upper Body Resistance Exercises – For beginners, these easy exercises can be done standing, sitting or lying down. They also reduce dislocations of the shoulders, collar bones, ribs, and elbows, as well as costochondritis.
- Wall Resistance Exercises for Arms – These beginning exercises require nothing but the outer corner of a wall and your own gumption. Great when first getting out of bed after a long period of illness.
- Simple Leg Mop Exercises strengthen legs, ankles, feet and core
Therapies and Bodywork
- Fascia Treatments for EDS and Fibromyalgia – Featuring the FasciaBlaster
- Chronic Migraine in EDS – Includes tips on resolving head pain using myofascial therapy
- FasciaBlaster Resources – Help and Support – Get the most out of your fascia work with these resources
- Fasciablaster’s Fab Little Sister; The FaceBlaster – A review of the tiniest but possibly mightiest blaster in my arsenal
- Moving into Maintenance Phase – When the work is done, moving into maintenance phase will shave you time
- 23 Tips for FasciaBlasting with EDS & FMS – My tips for blasters
- FasciaBlaster Buying Guide – Not sure which blaster to start with? This guide should help.
- Encouraging Hair Growth Using a FaceBlaster – balding is nothing to be ashamed of, many women suffer female pattern baldness. Find out how myofascial therapy can help.