Whether you’re looking for a great book to read, a way to relieve pain or even a new hobby, these posts provide an in-depth review of some of our favorite finds for people with chronic illness.
The Top Five
- Quercetin and MCADs – Find out how the natural supplement quercetin can help you get control of your MCAS, Allergies, Histamine Intolerance or Interstitial Cystitis
- Book Review: ‘Hypermobility Without Tears’ by Jeannie Di Bon – Find out why every zebra loves this movement book!
- See Ya, Tremors! Bye-Bye Brain Fog! – A review of Parasym Plus and how it reduced my brain fog, fatigue, tummy issues, dysautonomia and more!
- Fascia Treatments for EDS and Fibromyalgia is my initial review of FasciaBlasters, a self-use tool for a massage therapy that dramatically decreases the chronic pain associated with EDS, Fibromyalgia, CRPS, neuropathy and more
- Book Review: ‘Mast Cells United’ by Amber Walker – A comprehensive guide to the diagnosis, treatment and current research available on this newly discovered condition that’s a major comorbid condition with hypermobility disorders like EDS and HSD.
Assistance, Mobility and Wellness Devices
- App Review: Emergency Chat | autisticzebra – A great autism app that could come in handy for anyone who has intermittent difficulty with speech
- Easy Book Clip Spares Hand Pain – This great book clip holds the book so you don’t have to!
- The Spoonie Dilemma of Hair Care – A few tips and products to make your hair routine easier
- FasciaBlaster Buying Guide – Not sure which Blaster to buy? Here’s my take!
- Fohm: For Better Bathroom Visits – natural way to clean your bottom that doesn’t harm the environment!
- How Sound Machines Help Me Sleep Despite Chronic Insomnia – How white noise can provide you with a great night’s sleep
- Pop Sockets: Safe, Convenient, & Awareness Raising – Another great device that spares people with hypermobility, arthritis and other conditions from unnecessary hand pain.
- Vogmask Review – Do Masks Really Help? – Find out how an N-95 mask can help along with a review of one of the most popular types
- Stair Climbing Shopping Carts, a Review – Save your back from strain, even on the stairs!
- Traction Collars & the War Against Neck Pain – It may have it’s drawbacks, but it can offer pain relief for neck issues
- Low FODMAP Fiber Supplement – This great fiber is actually approved for IBS!
- The Creative Chronic Life – Features a number of suggestions for how to get your creative juices flowing to reduce pain and distract from symptoms. Includes several affordable kits and books to choose from.
- A Fish Keeper’s Guide To the Galaxy – maintaining an aquarium can provide some fantastic benefits, from reducing anxiety and pain to providing a delightful hobby. Includes tips on how to get started along with some product recommendations.
- Encouraging Hair Growth Using a Fasciablaster
- How Sound Machines Help Me Sleep Despite Chronic Insomnia
- Oral Care, Zebra Style talks about dental care and some interesting tools you can use to improve the most common dental problems in EDS.
- Study Points to More Effective Treatment than IV Infusions for Low Blood Volume in OI, POTS – Learn about ORS and how it beat out IV infusions for effectiveness in treating POTS.
- Tips & Tricks for the Holiday Season with Chronic Pain includes some great options for encouraging relaxation.
- Easy DIY Massage Therapy discusses a handy massage tool that tackles pain from 3 different angles
- Guest Post: Treatment of CCI using Altas Orthogonal Chiropractic and PT
- How Massage Can Improve Numbing, Gum Disease, & TMD
- See Ya, Tremors! Bye-Bye Brain Fog! A review of Parasym Plus for the relief of dysautonomia symptoms, brain fog, fatigue, digestive issues, dry eye and more
- TZP Top 5 Products for EDS, MCAS, Fibromyalgia & POTS – A list of our bestselling affiliate products for relief of our worst spoonie problems
- Book Review: A Light in the Darkness A memoir of creative inspiration in chronic illness by DM sufferer and musician Lisa Sniderman, aka Aoede.
- Book Review: Salt in My Soul – Author Mallory Smith may have lost the battle in her fight with Cystic Fibrosis, but she left behind an incredible legacy in this journal style memoir that takes us through her brief, but courageous and beautiful life.
- Book Review: Hypermobility Without Tears – Jeannie Di Bon shares her methods and philosophies that are the Integrated Movement Method in this fantastic book for people with hypermobility.
- Book Review: Mast Cells United – Amber Walker put together an amazing resource for people with mast cell activation syndrome in this comprehensive book about the condition!
- Book Review: Take Daily As Needed – Kathryn Trueblood captures what life is really like in a multiple chronic illness household, dealing with aging parents and getting spread too thin when you’re the family caretaker. A must read book for every spoonie for it’s refreshing honesty about life with chronic illness.