A catalog of everything presented on the Zebra Pit about spoonie art, culture and relaxation. We have a little bit of everything!
Hobbies & Creativity
- A Fish Keeper’s Guide to the Galaxy – how keeping aquariums can reduce stress & pain and provide a fun new hobby.
- The Chronic Creative Life – Tips and resources to fill your life with creativity, which can have a suprisingly significant impact on pain and quality of life.
- My First Landscape Painting – Michelle Curtis takes a stab at moving from writing to a more visual art.
Stories, Poems & Books by and for Spoonies
- Didn’t Ask – A poem about EDS and looking toward the future.
- National Poetry Day – Poems by Michelle and others.
- A Light in the Darkness – A book by Lisa Sniderman, aka Aoede, in this novel about DM and lifting oneself up with creativity.
- Salt in My Soul – This journal style memoir left by writer Mallory Smith about life with Cystic Fibrosis is a must read for every chronic illness warrior.
- Poetry for the Invisibly Ill – Select poems about chronic illness by Pamela Jessen.
- The Poetry of Pain – Select poems about chronic illness by Michelle Curtis.
- Easy Book Clip – If you love the smell of books or just manage better with reading them, you’ll love this clip, which holds the book open for you.
- Take Daily As Needed – A book by Kathryn Trueblood exploring the intricacies of chronic illness in a family with multiple diagnoses.
- Celebrate the Season with Poetry – A holiday poem from Pamela Jessen
- Mandy Harvey: Raising Awareness & Spirits – About a profoundly deaf zebra singer who uses her career to raise awareness.
- Capricious’ Big Gay Day Out – when zebra stripes meet pride stripes.
- Take Five: Netflix and Ill – Five great shows to binge watch when you have no spoons left to give
- Take Five: On a Remake of the ‘Princess Bride’ – Five reasons why we hate the idea
- Take Five: Spiderman Returns – Five superheroes we’d like to see Spiderman team up with now that he’s back in the MCU
Fun Resources and Community Services
- Recovery Buddy Parcel Exchange – Get paired with a chronic illness and/or mental health pen pal and learn more about the people behind the service
- The Disabled Tourist Guide – A man with mobility issues offering disability travel tour services throughout Morocco. Learn about his life, his business and his services
- Ogrefairy Doodles – Amazing cripple punk art and portraiture for spoonies from a warrior with multiple chronic conditions
- Breanna’s Cards – Get a quick pick me up from Breanna and her lovely card service and learn more about this amazing athlete with multiple conditions
- Preparing for Concerts & Events with MCAS – Going out? Get some tips on how to protect yourself when visiting a large venue.
- Warrior Life Planner – learn about this great planner designed exclusively for spoonies by a spoonie and find out why she decided to start this great business.
- The Spoonie Small Business Holiday Shopping Guide 2019
- The Spoonie Small Business Holiday Shopping Guide 2018